What Are Some Common Orthodontics Problems?
Many people struggle with some kind of dental problem at some point in their life. Orthodontics deal with problems with the bones in your mouth, specifically your teeth and jaw.
At David Ross Orthodontics, we can fix many common problems like crowding, gapping, and bite irregularities.
We Can Help You
Dr. David Ross has years of experience fixing common orthodontic problems in Hanover, PA, like the following:
- Crossbite: When you have a crossbite, your upper teeth sit inside your lower teeth. This can cause your teeth to tilt to the side, or move your jaw out of place.
- Crowding: This happens when your mouth doesn’t have enough room for your teeth. To fix this problem, we might have to remove some of your teeth. Expanding your bite can be a good solution, too.
- Midlines: A dental midline is the line between your two upper front teeth and your two lower front teeth. If these don’t line up, your back bite may correctly, making it more difficult for your teeth and jaw to work properly.
- Openbite: Patients have an openbite when their upper and lower front teeth do not overlap. This common problem can be caused by sucking your thumb or pushing your tongue against your front teeth.
- Overbite: If you have an overbite, your upper front teeth are too far in front of your lower front teeth. You may having biting or chewing problems. An overbite can be so bad that your lower teeth bite into the roof of your mouth.
- Protrusion: Protruding upper teeth hang too far forward. This affects your jaw function and how your face appears. Protrusion can also happen if you lower teeth do not grow in far enough forward.
- Spacing: Gaps between your teeth are a common problem. Your teeth may naturally grow in with gaps in between them, or you could be missing teeth. In many cases, spacing is simply a cosmetic problem.
- Underbite: When you have an underbite, your lower jaw sticks out, and your lower front teeth sit inside your upper front teeth.